Alliance Homes' Floating Support Services provide support to vulnerable people with a variety of support needs.
This service is available to anyone over 18 living in North Somerset, whether a resident of Alliance Homes, living in private rented accommodation, temporary accommodation, housing association or an owner-occupier.
We offer a flexible and person centered approach to support. Some of the examples we can provide help with are:
- Help to move and obtain furniture and household items
- Support to set up accounts with gas/electricity/water companies
- Claiming relevant welfare benefits
- Liasing with landlords
- Helping with practical living skills e.g. maintaining a household budget
- Dealing with financial issues such as rent arrears
- Accessing aids and adaptations, repairs and improvements
- Assisting you with paperwork and correspondence
- Providing advice about accessing education, training and employment
- Establishing social activities or volunteering opportunites
- Accessing health and social services and specialist agencies
- Exploring your housing options
We support people with:
- Physical/sensory impairment
- The elderly
- Homeless people
- Single people
- Travelling community
- Young people
- People with learning difficulties
- People experiencing alcohol and drug issues, domestic abuse and mental health issues
Client Involvement - Our dedication to you
We believe our tenants are the real experts in understanding the service they receive and that involving them is key to the success of our services.
To find out more about our plans for Client Involvement over the next 12 months and to see how you can get involved, read our Client Involvement Statement 2011-13.
How to access this service
Access to this service is via referrals from statutory services, self and voluntary sector agencies. Once a referral is received we will make an appointment to visit you to assess your needs to see if Floating Support is the best service for you.
We produce a magazine called 'Support Report' which we send to everyone who is part of our floating support service. Visit our Publications web page to download a copy of Support Report.
If you would like to make a referral, then please click on the request link and we will pop one in the post: referral form request
This service is funded by North Somerset Council's Supporting People Initiative.
To view a leaflet on this service visit our leaflet rack
Link to Care and Support pages
|The Support Alliance (opens in a new window)|
|Care and Support Services Main Page|
|Home from Hospital Service|
|Floating Support Service|
|Step Up Project|
|Tenancy Support Service|