The aim of this service is to support vulnerable people who are returning home after a stay in hospital.
The service is for those who have little or no support available, either formal or through friends and family. We can provide floating support for up to six months if required. Where longer term needs are identified we will refer onto an appropriate service should the client request us to do so.
We work closely with other community services to ensure a smooth return home and can help prevent unnecessary re-admission to hospital. Support offered can include:
- Ensuring suitable provisions are available on discharge
- Initial welfare checks after discharge from hospital
- Arranging aids and adaptations (i.e. handrails or ramps)
- Installing a Community Alarm and Key Safe
- Arranging removals, setting up utilities and sourcing furniture and household items
- Arranging maintenance, repairs and handyman services
- Budgeting and debt advice
- Managing correspondence
- Advice on safety and security in the home
- Benefits advice and support with applications
- Liaising with other health and social care services to provide homecare services such as personal and domiciliary care.
- Advice and advocacy on welfare rights issues
- Advice on Social Activities to reduce isolation
Each client receives an individual assessment and a support plan is created to highlight the outcomes they want to achieve. Our support is ‘person centred’ and designed to promote independence and opportunity and to prevent re-admission back into hospital.
Accessing this service
Referrals are made through the hospital via occupational therapists, nurses and other health professionals.
To read more about the Home from Hospital Partnership view Home from Hospital Partnership Leaflet [pdf] 2MB
Should you wish to discuss any issues or have any questions then do not hesitate to contact us or visit one of our offices where will be happy to assist you.
This service is funded by North Somerset Council's Supporting People Initiative.
To view a leaflet on this service, visit our leaflet rack
|Alliance Living Support main page|
|Alliance Living Care|
|Community Alarm Service|
|Floating Support Service|
|Home from Hospital Service|
|Step Up Project|
|The Older Persons Support Alliance (opens in a new window)|
|The Support Alliance (opens in a new window)|