Alliance Living Support's sheltered housing is the name given to self-contained flats and bungalows that are designed and managed specifically for older people or people with physical or sensory impairments.
Sheltered housing offers you:
- Your own home with your own front door
- Good quality housing
- A 'home for life' with full security of tenure
- Support when needed through our Community Alarm Service
- Peace of mind, with help on hand 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (via our team of support staff and the call monitoring centre)
- Being part of a community
- The opportunity to take part in Social Activities
The great majority of our sheltered properties are flats or bungalows which include:
- One or two bedrooms
- A self-contained kitchen
- A separate living room
- A self-contained bathroom or shower
- Full central heating
- Secure doors with suited lock systems
- Modern heat and smoke detection systems
What happens if I need support to stay independent?
We have a dedicated support team who provide time limited support to any older person in the North Somerset area. You can find out more on our Older Persons Support Alliance Website: - www.supportalliance.org.uk
Our Sheltered Housing Schemes
Alliance Homes has a number of sheltered housing schemes across North Somerset. If you would like any further information about our schemes, please contact our main number on 03000 120 120.
Applying for sheltered housing
To apply for sheltered housing couldn't be easier, visit the HomeChoice website where you can apply and then bid for accommodation. This also applies if you want to transfer from another Alliance Homes property.
We realise that many older people have vast and varied life experiences and there are opportunities through forums and working groups for you to become involved and shape the future of the services you receive and make a positive and meaningful contribution.
Find out more about information about getting involved
Other useful links for older persons support services in your area
For more information on this service contact us
|Community Alarm Service|
|Floating Support Service|
|Home from Hospital Service|
|Step Up Project|
|Tenancy Support Service|
|The Older Persons Support Alliance (opens in a new window)|
|The Support Alliance (opens in a new window)|