Employment Advice for Carers and Employers
Maintaining and finding employment can be difficult when you have caring responsibilities, with up to 600 people giving up work every day to care for a relative. Our Employment adviser works with Young Adult and Adult Carers aged 18+ across North Somerset. The type of support we offer includes;
- Identifying your aspirations
- Accessing training and education, including those aspiring to further education
- Practical skills with CV writing and interview techniques
- Support with job search and identifying employment opportunities
- Employer liaison to help maintain current employment
- Accessing volunteering opportunities
Support for employers
If you're a business, it's possible that one of your employees can be caring for someone outside of work who is ill, frail or disabled. Statistics show that one in nine people have caring responsibilities in the UK.
We can support you with carers in their workforce, through our membership with Employment for Carers, an online resource which you can register with and access for free.
Employment for Carers is full of advice and guidance around supporting Carers in the workforce, procedures and policies that may help along with resources that can be used in practice. Our employment Advisor can discuss the benefits and support with registration.