National Social Housing Safety and Compliance Week 2023
This week we’re supporting National Social Housing Safety and Compliance Week – Together for Safety(6-10 November). This awareness week aims to shed light on the measures the housing sector put in place to ensure the safety and compliance of their homes and customers, and what more we can do.
This year, the campaign has launched the ‘Together for Safety’ movement. This movement recognises that no one person or department, or organisation can deliver safer homes - it involves everyone coming together. You can find out more about ‘Together for Safety’ here.
Safety is one of our top priorities, and in the past year we’ve completed these services:
- 9,486 gas safety services (including Bright Places homes)
- 1,199 electrical safety checks
- 188 lift services
- 56 lift inspections
- 648 water testing (communal water sources)
- Fitted 344 smoke alarms
- Installed 1,500 carbon monoxide alarms.
- 317 Block Fire Risk Assessments
- 78 air source heat pumps
- 355 extra-low voltage electrical units (emergency lighting, door entry, automatic smoke ventilation)
- 122 alternative heat sources
- 100 Quarterly Communal fire doors inspections in high rise buildings
- 106 Annual flat entrance doors in high rise buildings
We can also report that 99% of our homes meet Decent Home Standards, and 99% are gas safe compliant, with 97% being electrical safe compliant. To ensure our homes are safe and well maintained, we continue to work with customers, supply chains, and partners to find ways to improve.
Shane Dyke, Head of Customer Safety says “Ensuring the safety of our customers is our top priority. We’re dedicated to providing secure, safe, and comfortable homes for all our customers”.
If you’ve got any concerns about the safety or compliance of your home, get in touch with our Contact Centre here, alternatively you can call 03000 120 120.