You may also have to pay a service charge to cover the costs of providing extra services not included in your rent, such as cleaning shared areas.
We also offer an increasing range of other services such as our Independent Living Service which has varying charges.
We will explain the charges you must pay when you take up a tenancy with us, and these charges will also be set out in your tenancy agreement.
Each year you'll receive a breakdown of your service charges and how much we estimate these to cost over the next financial year. We'll send this to you at the end of February. In September, you'll be told how much the charges cost for the previous financial year and any over-payments or under-payments will be taken into account when we do you next estimate.
Here's a description of each of the service charges on your estimate statement. If there's a charge you don't pay, you will have seen a zero on your estimate.
- Servicing (and depreciation) of intelligent electrics
- Servicing (and depreciation) of white goods
- Servicing (and depreciation) of alarm equipment
- Testing (and depreciation) of fire panels
- Maintenance (and depreciation) of digital TV systems
- Servicing and maintenance of lifts
- Legionella water testing
- Communal utility charges
- Garden maintenance
- Communal cleaning
- Window cleaning
- Open space maintenance
- Street lighting
- Rubbish and graffiti removal
- Community Wardens
- Property specific charges
- Administration charges